Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Stuart Warners email

I am so sad to learn of Ivan's death and I send my sincere condolences
> to you and your family. Ivan was such a terrific guy and he was one of
> favorite friends. He was honest; hard working; bright, beyond belief;
> super clever; humble; and a great story-teller. He was also an
> incredible boss who gave much appreciated support to all of my ideas,
> during the time I worked under him at the Directorate of Engineering and
> Housing in Panama. It is sad that Ivan has left us, but we will always
> remember him. He brought happiness to all of us who were fortunate to
> know him. I remember that Colonel Simkins used to always come to Ivan,
> instead of the senior folks, because the good Colonel respected the
> knowledge and advice that Ivan shared. Ivan was extremely talented but
> he was not of the same mold as others. He enjoyed rocking the boat but
> at the same time, he was a pillar of strength. He would cut to the
> chase and identify the problem at hand, and the solution ... even if it
> was unorthodox. He had a capacity to engender others to work together
> in a cohesive way to overcome obstacles in achieving the task at hand.
> On a personal side, I know Ivan since we were teen-agers and he was
> always popular. Ivan loved telling Bajun jokes and he had a keen sense
> of wit. Ivan was very a very sensitive and caring person and he loved
> all of the members of his family. He was deeply devoted to you and he
> was extremely proud of his boys. I am a better person because of Ivan
> and for this, I am forever indebted to him.
>
> Love, Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment