Thursday, May 6, 2010

Jimmy Simpkins words on Ivan

"Lizabeth:

Please allow me the chance to honor our beloved and honorable friend. Above all people that I have known Ivan broke the mold on being unique. He lead the way in professional knowledge about Army operations in the canal zone and often proved to be the sole authority on the right way to do things. He was my beloved confidant while assigned to U.S. Army South and never did he let me down. Ivan was the "go to"person based on his knowledge, experience and truthfulness. He was always the optimal of a professional and went far beyond the specifications within his job description. Ivan was the reason that the Panama Canal was returned to Panama in an outstanding condition and his worth will never be known. In addition he was a friend to cast a fishing line into the teaming water of Panama or to share a laugh or beer in toasting our many successes. I am extremely sorry that we were not closer in the final years of his life but I always remember the lessons he taught me and his friendship.I know that heaven is richer for his arrival and I am sure that he is the new master planner and logistician for heaven. My sincere condolences to lizabeth and the family during this time of sadness. My you find comfort in knowing that the world is a better place because of Ivan's contributions and we all are richer from knowing him. May he rest in peace and may we always remember the sunshine he spread into out lives. Best of life. Love the Simpkins Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment