Saturday, April 24, 2010

Meeting Ivan and the Early Years


I met Ivan in January 1974 at the Hotel Anai, on the San Blas Islands of Panama. When I met him I was a college lass on break from the University of Delaware. I fell in love with Ivan there at the Wichub Walla Hotel, and all his enchanting stories of his wild life there in Panama. After seeing him on and off in the next year here and there on the globe, and finishing college in January 1975, I visited him in Panama once more. My heart and I never left Panama after that. Ivan and I were married 6 months later. The early days with Ivan were some of my most adventurous ones, with travels all over our beloved Panama. We camped in places like Las Lajas, Chame, Rio Ipiti, and Punta Mala. From the mountains of Boquete to the seas around Isla Grande, we explored the beauty of Panama. Ivan’s love of the ocean and nature became mine. He opened my eyes to so much. Most of all, I thank Ivan for our two wonderful sons, Adrian and Oliver, who we took everywhere on our grand excursions in Panama and other places in the world.

PS I you want to write something and you are not familiar with posting on a blog like I am, here is what you need to do… (Thank you Glenn and Oliver for your help.)
At the top it says New Post next to Oliver’s email address. If you can’t see that then use
https://www.blogger.com/start then press new post
If it asks for a Login use: oliverfulo@hotmail.com
Get the password from Oliver
I could not see how to post, as everything was in Japanese characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment